Just trying to make it to the next day.




I added these music videos because it helps me get my day started I try my best to listen to things that will motivate me and make me feel good.

On this day myself and my battle buddy were preparing the truck for mission, I was helping him mount the 50cal and just when he was going to place the 50 call into the mount I was getting ready to climb down and a fucking ROCKET flew in right over our head and hit not far from us.


 I remember even though its kind of embarrassing and we were cracking up after the fact but I fell off the truck and my battle dropped the 50 cal and I remember watching him he did like a back flip off the truck and we ran to the bunker close by. That is where a Captain he was the chaplain like fell on top of me as we fell to the ground inside the bunker from the concision when the 2nd rocket hit the T-wall. When it hit the T-wall it took out our medical tent with shrapnel and blew a hole into the ground. This is a video shot from someone else on our FOB of this rocket coming in that flew over our head and hitting the wall. That morning along with others we got at least 5-6 rockets at a time launched at us.





I was willing to put my life on the line to help others. I always tried to find the good and beauty in things.



Even tho at times it became hard to deal with; I hated being called a bitch or told to get over it, leaving me to silence myself and pretend nothing was wrong and was still strong.






It was hard when these experiences changed me for the good and the bad but I should never be considered weak because I struggle to make sense of everything even to this day. I never jumped on an opportunity to kill someone and the team of guys I was with did everything right to keep us safe from becoming victim to the enemy.










Comments