Professionalism & business relationships.

You do not appreciate me using such language !! fuck that, what are we two years old ! this is business ! grown man shit ! I feel like you are messing with me now !! Do not even think your going to clown around with me talking about what hard work is ! because you have not a clue !! 
I dont ever wanna hear you speak to me like i should respect you because your a disabled veteran !! I dont owe you shit !! nor will i give you respect , that is something earned !! all of you problems are NOT mine, this is BUSINESS !! and your point of VIEW, i never asked for it  nor do i care to hear about ! simply put, 

This is the message I sent, that lead to the statement above being sent back to me. Let me know what you think I said or done so wrong to be talked to in such a way, business or not. 
(Well I do not appreciate you using such language, I for one have done more work than any professional would have done, and two you only payed the non refundable down payment for me to start the design not finish it, and I also been emailing you back PDF's and even went out my way to do over 20 mock up witch you weren't happy with. Third thing is I am a disabled combat veteran have some respect, Theres no need to explain but with such comments and language I think its important  for you to know that just because I am a young college, disabled veteran with 3 children struggling to live does not give anyone the right to take advantage of someone and I do not like feeling like I need to say this is when this is how I feel when, with my experience and skills  I should have charged you 250$ for the logo concept and another $250 for the final files. With a little research you will find out these are the competing prices. I did everything I could possibly do witch was explained in the last PDF email I sent you and if you refuse to answer some very important questions from that then there is nothing further I can do for you. I am not going to stress myself out for a little bit of money that leaves me with no ability to even pay for an outside opinion on how to approach your design idea. I'm not complaining just know its hard out here and I understand that I cant expect everyone to understand, I know this and because of that I charged way less than a big design firm).


COMMUNICATING

It's sometimes not what you say, but how you say it that counts!
  • Return phone calls and emails within 24 hours - even if only to say that you will provide requested information at a later date.
  • Ask before putting someone on speakerphone.
  • Personalize your voice mail - there's nothing worse than just hearing a phone number on someone's voice mail and not knowing if you are leaving a message with the correct person. People may not even leave messages.
  • Emails at work should be grammatically correct and free of spelling errors. They should not be treated like personal email.
  • When emailing, use the subject box, and make sure it directly relates to what you are writing. This ensures ease in finding it later and a potentially faster response.
  • Never say in an email anything you wouldn't say to someone's face.
  • Underlining, italicizing, bolding, coloring, and changing font size can make a mild email message seem overly strong or aggressive.


Promote Respect

Professionalism in business establishes respect for authority figures, clients and co-workers. Maintaining a professional demeanor limits gossip and inappropriate personal conversations that could be considered disrespectful. Keeping a professional attitude with clients who behave inappropriately demonstrates the level of respect an employee has for the customer and the business partnership.


Minimize Conflict

Conflicts are less likely to arise in a professional business environment. Workers who respect each others boundaries and conduct themselves professionally rarely have disagreements that cannot be resolved efficiently. Professionalism in business also benefits diverse environments in which business people and their clients have several different perspectives and opinions. Professional behavior helps business people avoid offending members of different cultures or backgrounds.

This is what people have to say and have treated me through out my whole life. I do not shy or become timid and back away or avoid doing things because of the fact that civilians in this so called land of free use their freedom to be ignorant, lazy, threatening, and all the above. I have a problem with this because there is truly a problem in America and I will say that this is a direct result of the (22 veterans commit suicide a day) Why? because its not until they are out among the average person and they realize everyone around them has no respect, do not care what you been through, what you have certificates and awards from, your experience, your disabilities and your struggles are. Everything in the army is done as a team and you have to be very selfless to put the mission, the goals and team before yourself. 

What does it mean to be professional and where does experience truly come into play? At the time I was in the military they did not give out certificates for every little task that has been done like, how to properly prepare, inspect and wear a professional uniform. How to pack, load, and unload a planes in civilian and combat environments. Do I not know what being a professional is? or any of the millions of soldiers that have defended our country, completed a task you would have not done, maybe have avoided or simply could not stomach the truth and reality.

Yet most civilians feel entitled and want to be respected and praised over their little certificates show casing their skills which speaks nothing for their character. 

I am not here to use my skills and experience to my advantage or to threaten people and control people. I respect myself and my fellow Americans. Does this make me a bitch? why is it more than once in my life with out even asking or putting myself into situations where I would be tested, within myself to control myself to suck shit up and walk away.  Why when I say I do not want to fight you want to see what kinda training I learned or question my abilities? When I ask people to speak to me with respect in a friendly manner you say business is an excuse to curse and threaten me? Why is it OK to use my experiences and training as an excuse to avoid helping me or be understanding of my situations or feelings. 

If anyone believe its easy or question the professionalism of a Infantry soldier then my answer to you is JOIN. Anyone can go sign a contract and selflessly defend their country. right or wrong are you up for the task?

Do you honestly question my professionalism? My skills? My Experiences? and what do you expect me to do? Show you? Give up my freedom once again to a slave system to prove to you that I wasn't scared that my skills are as good as a sniper? That I grabbed my balls and showed you how manly I am? 

What happens when a soldier or veteran sees or finds himself in a situation where he is so trained and so disciplined that he can calculate and plan to execute someone just because that person has done them wrong or treated them some type of way affecting their employment, their friendships, family, and personal life.  This is why I walk away because I do not feel better about myself thinking I could use my skills to only harm or act without thinking about my future life. 

I say this because I personally seen what the outcome of this is, when It was only three months after coming home from a deployment, making it through the toughest training and a difficult deployment our fellow soldier was now dead laying in front of a club where his life was taken from another soldier just because of an argument. 

I am so grateful for the freedom I fought for and I would be devastated to loose it over a crime or death. I would much rather face homelessness, and loose everything than to resort to crime and sin.


How you treat people says a lot about you.
  • Learn names and learn them quickly. A good tip for remembering names is to use a person's name three times within your first conversation with them. Also, write names down and keep business cards. People know when you don't know their names and may interpret this as a sign that you don't value them.
  • Don't make value judgments on people's importance in the workplace. Talk to the maintenance staff members and to the people who perform many of the administrative support functions. These people deserve your respect!
  • Self-assess: Think about how you treat your supervisor(s), peers, and subordinates. Would the differences in the relationships, if seen by others, cast you in an unfavorable light? If so, find where the imbalance exists, and start the process of reworking the relationship dynamic.
  • What you share with others about your personal life is your choice, but be careful. Things can come back to haunt you. Don't ask others to share their personal lives with you. This makes many people uncomfortable in the work space.
  • Respect people's personal space. This may be very different than your own.

My intentions were not to gain skills to turn around and use them to gain something or use them against my own people. The hardest times and points in my life were choosing to look like a bitch, allowing people to use and abuse me, take advantage of my profits of experience and duty. backing away from people that wanted nothing more than for me to fail or loose everything not knowing I had already gave up everything the day I decided to defend their freedom to hate me and do what they do in the first place. Do you not know in other countries government and military with execute or charge you with a crime if you disrespect or treat  them some type of way

Do people not understand how difficult it is to program your brain to not respond to threats or enemy the way you are trained to react in the infantry as a front line fighter facing true evil.

How helpless do you think I felt when they were coming to repo my car just because I had a difficult time finding employment in time enough to keep up on payments when the whole time I refused to believe I had disabilities because I did not want to appear to be weak or unfit and make my chances of employment even harder.
My car was my only shelter I was sleeping out of it and yet I had to suck it up and not fight and not resort to crime to try and keep it. 

How do you deal with a professor that thinks he is entitled and says (we all struggle so no one has an excuse because if I can do it when I was working two jobs and had a new born and still going to college) Statements like this do not sit right with me when some people have no clue who they are talking to. This was hard for me to accept considering I am disabled, financially struggling, no family support, three children, full time college and I was holding a full time job until I was laid off. School alone was a lot for me its not easy forcing myself to focus because I refuse to take medications that come with side affects and could potentially send me down the wrong mental path. Instead I find it within myself and take the proper steps to take care of myself by eating properly and trying to stay positive even when someone is being negative or aggressive.    

I wanted nothing more than to continue serving my country to continue using my skills and put my life on the line as long as I knew I had the support of my community and nation. 

Yet I was not qualified enough or because of my tattoos I was turned down by some good employment opportunities just because of pure judgment, knowing nothing but that I was a veteran and not truly understanding my potential, motivation and dedication. Not even knowing they could have taken advantage of state incentives for hiring veterans. Not to mention I believe I would much rather want a dedicated honorable, respectful veteran to be my security or gate guard over someone fat, lazy, or unfit to handle the dangers of the job or even be able to properly compose and handle themselves in tough situations like this video and links below. 


 http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/07/22/university-of-cincinnati-campus-officer-shoots-unarmed-motorist

http://reut.rs/1IscF5Z

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh45rYyYppK7uve2O6

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhCF61GXdkibf3kG4A



I LEARNED THIS AT 18 IN THE MILITARY I THINK ITS TIME FOR EVERYONE TO DO THE SAME THAT CONSIDER THEMSELVES IN A POSITION OF INFLUENCE OR POWER. 


4 Reasons Why You Need to be Professional




Professionalism is not just dressing nice or having an advanced degree. In the working world, there are many more guidelines to follow in order to be considered a professional. According to dictionary.com, the definition of professional includes the following: Expert in field which one is practicing, excellent practical and literary skills in relation to profession, high quality in work, high standard of ethics, reasonable work morale and motivation, appropriate treatment of relationships with colleagues, and commitment to the field.
This article is based on this definition of professionalism, and it will explain why it is important to strive to be a professional in your field.
1. Valued in the Workplace
Demonstrating professionalism is important at all levels in a company.  Professionalism can benefit the company reputation, morale and success. It is not only the individuals in leadership roles that need to show professionalism. All people should demonstrate the skill of professionalism to be considered for job advancement, recognition and to show colleagues their supportive and team-player side. Professionalism will go a long way in your personal career success, as well as the success of the company you are working for. It will also be valued when looking at those up for possible promotions.
2. Professionalism to the Client, Employer and Co-Workers
Professionalism is not required for clients only. Professionalism must be displayed at all times and to all groups of people. If you display professional behavior to your boss only, your co-workers will start to see that you are not honest, and you are not able to provide appropriate relationships to all that you work with. Professionalism to each group shows your true self, your commitment to the field and your high standards in work and ethics. If you are rude or inappropriate to others, you will not advance in your career and may even lose your job. All people you encounter deserve to be treated professionally.
3. Professionalism in Your Work Product
It is important to know your professionalism is not just displayed to others, but through your work as well. To be successful you need to show a quality work product that you take pride in. Your professionalism to your work can be as simple as correct grammar and consistency in presentation. You must take pride in all aspects of your work.
4. Practicing Professionalism
Now, you know why it is important to be professional, but how do you do it? How do you demonstrate professionalism? You can demonstrate this through interactions that are appropriate, job-focused, team oriented and with a positive attitude. You want to treat all people with respect, and you want to be open and accepting of feedback. Can you control your emotions if something frustrates you? Do you storm out of a meeting if something is decided on that you don’t agree with? How do you behave if you are feeling stressed? Are you rude to others? Avoid a grungy appearance, inappropriate language/volume of voice, missed deadlines, lack of motivation or care, blaming others, not respecting privacy and not holding up your end of the work. Demonstrating your pride in the company and your work, your ability to be non-judgmental, your self-control and your maturity will show the world that you are a real-life professional. You can start now in building your high standards and appropriate working relationships.

















Comments