Preparation & Quality

I wanted to share how I make my home cooked meals. I believe its important to take the time it takes to prepare your meals and not avoid it by giving up time to do other things. The importance for me comes from being the one that is reasonable for feeding 5 people and help them stay healthy and grow into a healthy adults in the future. 
I have complained about not having as much work as I want and not being able to make enough money. I would also complain about friends and family that have excluded me and my children from their lives. Through time given in my recovery I needed to gather my thoughts and reflect and gain as much advice as possible to help get me to a point where I can be grateful for the moment and what I do have. 
For some time now the most important thing to me is using the time I am given to not waist it on pleasure, entertainment, laziness and anything that would be a waist of time and not benefit me to have a better future to offer my children. I waist no time and I spend all my time putting the up most effort into raising my children, my recovery, my skills and my knowledge.  
Without all the outside influences and taking back control of my life I spend every bit of time to give my children a great experience when eating when doing anything and show them how to make the most of what they are doing.  

So as an example this is chicken nuggets I make with either mash potatoes or french fries.
I will only focus on the 
Chicken Nuggets 
  1. I first bring filtered water to a boil in a big pot.
  2. Then I open a frozen pack of chicken of 3 chicken breast and drop into boiling water. I try making sure I always use organic non caged, no preservative or additives chicken. I will usually let it boil for about 20-25 minutes.
  3. I then prepare 3 eggs scrambled in one bowl and flour in another with Organic pepper, Pink Himalayan salt, Organic garlic powder, Organic onion powder, Organic Turmeric.
  4. This is the most important part is I spend time cutting the chicken into little cubes. When doing so I make sure I cut out all fat chewy parts. Then season the chicken same as flour.
  5. Then get healthy organic Non GMO oil and bring to a medium/high heat.
  6. Then I dip about 6-8 cubes into the egg and then the flour and place into the oil.
  7. I do not time the chicken boiling because the chicken is already precooked. So I just keep an eye on the chicken and when it turns a nice golden color I remove them and place onto a plate and then repeat until all chicken is used.




You will be left with a mess there is no easy quick clean way of doing this. You are always keeping an eye on the chicken boiling and washing your hands in between placing chicken into the oil and removing them and then repeating the process. 


 It is worth every bit of time it takes to do it right. I make sure that when they bite into the chicken its crunchy and tasty so they don't have to worry about biting into something chewy, juicy or fatty.


This does make it financially difficult to live and have any money for gas, or enjoyment because most of the money goes into purchasing healthy foods. I am grateful to have the time I put into preparing and cooking the food I do for my children because I notice a great improvement in their attention span and in their daily task like school and doing things for themselves. 

I think of working on food like working on a car. If you refuse to get dirty then you are not doing it right. 

From 
(HelpGuide.org)
Trusted guide to mental, emotional & social health

"People who are mentally and emotionally healthy have"
  • A sense of contentment
  • A zest for living and the ability to laugh and have fun
  • The ability to deal with stress and bounce back from adversity
  • A sense of meaning and purpose, in both their activities and their relationships 
  • The flexibility to learn new things and adapt to change
  • A balance between work and play, rest and activity
  • The ability to build and maintain fulfilling relationships
  • Self-confidence and high self-esteem

How do you bounce yourself back from such a negative perception?
5 Easy steps to try.
  1. Get enough rest.
    To have good mental and emotional health, its important to take care of your body. That includes getting enough sleep. Most people need seven to eight hours of sleep each night in order to function. I know this is hard to say when everyone has so many stipulations. You can still get seven hours of sleep even if you split it up into naps but remember is given the ability to rest then do so and if your unable to settle and get into a sleep do not think you need medication and remember when changing diet, you will have an increase in ability to calm yourself relax and rest.
  2. Learn about good nutrition and practice it.
    The subject of nutrition is complicated and not always easy to put into practice because a lot of people ignorantly trust tradition meals over facts and healthy ingredients. Taste changes with time and effort something that taste gross today because of change of ingredients will be easier tomorrow to swallow.  Example: you can have a sub with unhealthy bread, harmful ingredients in the meat and dressing or you can have a sub with organic healthy bread, and same with the meat and dressing. So no one is saying you cant eat this or that but you need to pay attention to what you consume and always ask whats in your food and if someone fails to answer you then reject it.  Last thing is nutrition is not just what food you eat its about the nutrients that are needed to help your daily balance. The more you learn about what you eat and how it affects your energy and mood, the better you will feel. 
  3. Exercise to relieve daily stress and lift your mood and boost your confidence.
    Exercise is a powerful antidote to stress, anxiety and depression. No one is saying go lifting and spend everyday for hours at a gym. Look for small ways to add activity to your day, like playing with your children, taking stairs instead of elevators, carry groceries instead of always using a cart. Park away from the entrances of places give yourself time to walk. Try growing your own healthy foods by gardening. Again its important to have good nutrition if you plan to exercise so you to not put your body in danger. 
  4. Get a dose of sunlight everyday.
    Sunlight lifts your mood, so try to get at least 10 minutes of sun per day. This can also be done while exercising, Playing with children, gardening or socializing.
  5. Limit alcohol, cigarettes, drugs and other poisons. 
    These are stimulants that may unnaturally make you feel good in short term wile leaving lingering after affects for years to come. Any poison consumed have long-term negative consequences for mood and emotional health. 

USE GOOGLE THATS WHAT IT IS FOR.
look up anything you want to understand, always remember your responsible for your own health






Comments